Switching

Welcome! 

Get answers on switching topics, including the EX and QFX portfolios, and share your expertise.

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Profile Picture

EX4300 switch

We are upgrading our IDF closet with a new cooling AC systems and they wanted to know how much heat is being generated by the ex4300 switch ? Is there any documentation out there or formula to figure out how much heat the switch puts out? There is ...

• Bonjour StephA, When trying to connect my Juniper EX2300 to a 100m full duplex no-negotiate device interface, it took me a while to figure that not only do I have tell my Juniper to speed 100 and link-mode full duplex but I also ...

• Yes the PIC says 10G : PIC 0 BUILTIN BUILTIN 24x10G-4x40G I guess it is the maximum speed I have several connexions on PIC 0 at 1G. I have also configured a 100/full connexion successfully with the auto-neg on. It is really the disabled auto-neg on the ...

• Although I cannot find the PR now, this "Media Type: Fiber" thing is a known cosmetic issue and fixed in newer versions. I have found a similar PR which could affect you: https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1437577 Can ...

• Stephane.. would you please post show chassis hardware | match PIC Only reason. My 4600 only supports 10gig only on pic0 and i had to buy expansion mods to support 1gig EX4600-EM-8F, and Ive never tried to setup a 100m .. One other thing to try ...

Announcements

• Welcome! How to Navigate the New Site

Welcome to our new Juniper community! Please pardon our dust as we put the finishing touches on our new site over the next few days. A few tips: 

1. To explore communities, select Communities in the navigation. Keep returning there to navigate. 
    2. When you log in, be sure to complete your profile and join communities to subscribe.
    3. Check out the FAQ to answer any questions. 

We are glad you are here! 

If you have any questions, please contact us.
Current Members
122 Members
Hidden Member
community Admin
community Admin
community Moderator