Switching

View Only

Welcome! 

Get answers on switching topics, including the EX and QFX portfolios, and share your expertise.

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• Very likely the rj45 to usb adapter would work. The Juniper devices do use the most common pin out for these ports. But there are different pin outs with other manufacturers so it is possible it won't match. But if it does not match you can look up ...

• Profile Picture

VLAN Firewall Filters

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous Hi All, I'm trying to understand how VLAN Firewall Filters fit in to the picture. From the documentation I understand the following - https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/routing-policy/topics/task/firewall-filter-ex-series-cli.html ...

• thankyou very much. for the response. andyour correct about my pc, although I've probably got an older laptop somewhere I can restore and use a serial connection, however my switch didn't arrive used with that adaptor which is probably where my luck ran ...

• From the description it sounds like the device has a corrupt drive right now and the only hope of recovery will be to get serial console access. The usb port on the ex2200 is for flash drives not console access. The RJ45 port there will be the console ...

• Firstly Hello, I want to start by setting my background - I have NO experience with enterprise gear. that might be unusual for this forum but never the less it's where I'm at. I'm an electrician by trade and enjoy most things IT and learning new stuff. ...

Announcements

• Join the Innovators Circle community

Lend your voice and make an impact at Juniper. 

The Innovators Circle is a research-driven, private circle where members share feedback on a wide range of topics to help Juniper leaders make an impact on all business areas (e.g., marketing, products, digital experience, etc.). Members receive opportunities for rewards through e-gift cards and exclusive content.

• How are we doing?

Juniper is driving a company-wide initiative to further enhance our customers’ experience. Please tell us how we’re doing via a quick video that will be used for internal Juniper viewing only--none of it will be shared publicly!

Please record your video here 

Use your phone or laptop. It should take about 5-10 minutes, and you can review and re-record any segment at the click of a button. 

Thank you in advance!

Current Members