Routing

Welcome!

Get answers on all things routing, including routing portfolios and protocols. Post here or in the following product groups: 

vMX

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• So this points to the recommended approach of upgrading NG-RE, "request vmhost software......". Does this answer your query for this thread? to answer the second question, "set b" is basically a backup to your existing (in use) partition, and in a perfect ...

• That's interesting did not know about all that, thanks for sharing, no they are not new, I think since 2017 and region is UK, here is the VMhost version:, I couldn't find the NG-RE. thing , also why Junos desk in set b has this old 17.4r1 version was ...

• Hi Alex. the line you are interested in is under show chassis hardware: " Routing Engine 0 BUILTIN BUILTIN RE-S-2X00x6" So your RE type is RE-S-2X00x6, vmhost is supported on this RE if I recall correctly (not entirely sure). I have seen this RE on larger ...

• thanks Ali, hmm not sure what type of RE, what types are there, how to check that? this MX204 with one RE, pasting show version and show hardware below : ------------------------ show version ------------------------ Model: mx204 Junos: 18.1R1.9 ...

• Thanks for the reply, my colleagues were using this: request system software add re1 validate /var/tmp/junos-install-mx-x86-64-17.3R3-S10.1.tgz so it seems, it is little different from my case; as they had dual RE on this router and they are upgrading ...

Announcements

• Need navigation help?

Check out the FAQ if you have any questions about navigating this community.  Please contact us if you still need help.
Current Members
242 Members
community Admin
Hidden Member
community Admin
community Admin