Routing

Welcome!

Get answers on all things routing, including routing portfolios and protocols. Post here or in the following product groups: 

vMX

To easily navigate to other communities, select Communities > All Communities in the navigation.

Latest Discussion Posts

• I searched the internet for any approaches, it seems that is not possible. One simple go-around way is to use logical interfaces between vrf table and inet.0 table. Any other straight solution ? thanks !!

• I have the following routes learned from the remote PE, I need to import them into the global inet.0 table. root@vMX-3# run show route protocol bgp table vrf1.inet.0 vrf1.inet.0: 16 destinations, 16 routes (16 active, 0 holddown, 0 hidden) + = Active ...

• you could play around w/ the link metrics, but one thing to keep in mind is intra-area lsa's are preferred over inter-area lsa's. So that could play a factor in how the preferred path is handled.

• Thanks for the reply Steve. Do you know what makes this backdoor link less preferred than connectivity via the L3VPN ? Thanks, Deepak Juniper Business Use Only

• You are correct about a link connecting 2 sites together as a "backdoor". In the link you posted, the diagram shows customer site 4 & 5 having this backdoor link. This link could be a p2p link, LTE, or broadband, etc., using IPSec to provide redundancy ...

Upcoming Events

Announcements

• Join the Innovators Circle community

Lend your voice and make an impact at Juniper. 

The Innovators Circle is a research-driven, private circle where members share feedback on a wide range of topics to help Juniper leaders make an impact on all business areas (e.g., marketing, products, digital experience, etc.). Members receive opportunities for rewards through e-gift cards and exclusive content.

• How are we doing?

Juniper is driving a company-wide initiative to further enhance our customers’ experience. Please tell us how we’re doing via a quick video that will be used for internal Juniper viewing only--none of it will be shared publicly!

Please record your video here 

Use your phone or laptop. It should take about 5-10 minutes, and you can review and re-record any segment at the click of a button. 

Thank you in advance!

Current Members