vMX

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about vMX.
  • 1.  Question about Application hosting support for the MX and the SRX routers families

Posted 11-20-2019 10:38

Hi experts!

I saw some posts about vmx and how its deployed to allow Docker support for app hosting and also the ones about the SRX family app hosting capabilities, However, I am not 100% clear whether the entire MX and SRX routers family have support for app hosting via Docker or any other containers for applications hosting on the Box itself.

Do the SRX/MX routers family have those supportabilities?
    I looked at the user guides, but apart from an on box Python scripting, I didnt see that there are options to allow applications hosting...

If there is such support, can you please refer me to some documentations about that, so that Ill be able to educate my customes about this?

Thanks,
    Tom

#applicationhosting
    #mx
    #SRX

• 2.  RE: Question about Application hosting support for the MX and the SRX routers families
    Best Answer

Posted 11-20-2019 15:43

You can't use MX/SRX with docker directly, but you can use automation functions with python/xml Rpc to build underlay network... Current version Junos doesn't work like cEOS. 

if you have bare metal server, you can use vMX and cSRX for you docker infrastructure.

• 3.  RE: Question about Application hosting support for the MX and the SRX routers families

Posted 11-21-2019 08:57

Thanks for the reply,

So basically the cSRX/vMX are instances of the router that you can install on a Linux machine server,

Another question - Does the JuNOS on the cSRX/vMX have the on-box python for any scripts and automation tasks that the SLAX offers (I do that on the EX switches and it works great)?

Thanks,

Tom

• 4.  RE: Question about Application hosting support for the MX and the SRX routers families

Posted 11-21-2019 10:34

Hi Tom,

vMX,cSRX supports the same automation tools as Junos OS.

• 5.  RE: Question about Application hosting support for the MX and the SRX routers families

Posted 11-21-2019 14:00

thanks for the info!

Tom