SRX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Single-user mode to reset the password

Posted 10-21-2021 08:30
    My greetings to all!
    I need to reset the password on my device (srx300).
    I press the space bar during OS boot (15.1X49-D150.20.2) and get a prompt (Octeon srx_300_ram#).
    When I try to boot into single-user mode (boot -s) nothing happens (boot - boot default, i.e., run 'bootcmd').

All articles and manuals say that I get a "loader>" prompt.

What am I doing wrong?

------------------------------
    Denis Rasskazov

• 2.  RE: Single-user mode to reset the password

Posted 10-21-2021 20:14
    Try the alternate method on this link to enter recovery mode.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/user-access/topics/topic-map/recovering-root-password.html#id-recovering-the-root-password-on-junos-os-with-upgraded-freebsd

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 3.  RE: Single-user mode to reset the password

Posted 10-23-2021 08:54
    JunOS 15 has a different way of booting into single user mode. You need to get into u-boot, delete a keyword then perform the "standard" procedure.

After the device shows USB devices, press Enter or any key (I don't remember which) to get u-boot's => prompt.

Then
    printenv​

There should be an entry for

boot_unattended=0

If there is

setenv boot_unattended
    boot

Now when you see "Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or space bar for command prompt." press space bar to get the loader> prompt. Here you can issue

boot -s

KEN LUI