Switching

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  Cross-Stack Etherchannel on EX switches?

Posted 09-24-2012 01:09

Is is posible to do something similar to Cisco Cross-Stack Etherchannel on pair of EX4200 switches as core and couple of EX2200 access switches?
    If so, can someone provide me link for detailed documentation.

#etherchannel
    #Core
    #stack

• 2.  RE: Cross-Stack Etherchannel on EX switches?

Posted 09-29-2012 20:25

Hi m0ps in junos this is called an mc-lag, and unfortunately mc-lag is not available on EX switches. You can do a lag between ports on different members of a virtual chassis, but today no MC-LAG is available on any EX product line. Just the MX product line.

• 3.  RE: Cross-Stack Etherchannel on EX switches?

Posted 09-30-2012 23:59

First of all - thanks for your reply acooley. It's not a good news. Mainly, i think to use Cross-Stack Etherchannel for core high avaibility. Is there another solution to do a core with pair of EX4200 and couple of EX2200 access switches higly avaible?

Maybe there is a whitepaper with reference architecture for small campus from Juniper?

• 4.  RE: Cross-Stack Etherchannel on EX switches?
    Best Answer

Posted 10-06-2012 20:16

hey m0ps, a virtual-chassis gives you all the h/a you could mostly want, there were some limitations with code upgrades on older revs, but that is roughly coming to an end. So ultimately have a multi unit chassis cluster I think will give you everything you want, just put more then 1 switch in a VC, and setup a lag between ports inside the VC.

Another option would be to use an MX which does have support for mc-lag, but the EX team didn't implement this because VCs are the way they want folks to go for inter-chassis redundancy.

It would be good for you to reach out to your SE and discuss this with them, do you know who your local sales rep and SE are?