Switching

View Only
last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about EX and QFX portfolios and all switching solutions across your data center, campus, and branch locations.
  • 1.  vxlan L3 gateway best way to reach rest of the network?

Posted 01-31-2019 02:00

Hi experts.

I have followed the IaaS: EVPN and VXLAN Solution and is working as it should.

Next step is to decied how the rest of the network should reach the DC.

Should I setup a new bgp from each routing-instance in the spine to my PE router to get connectivty to the rest of the network?

Best practies?

Guides?

All suggestions are welcome

//Niklas

#gateway
    #vxlanL3

• 2.  RE: vxlan L3 gateway best way to reach rest of the network?

Posted 01-31-2019 02:50
    The DC networks are to be shared from CE to the PE and the outside networks to be injected by the PE to the gateway (CE). You can ideally use an IGP to do this, see the articles for options.

See the last section here that starts the Data Center Interconnect (DCI) part:
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/vxlan-evpn-integration-overview.html#jd0e556

See the detailed CE configurations included here:
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/example-vxlan-evpn-integration-configuring.html

Hope this helps.

-r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated :).

• 3.  RE: vxlan L3 gateway best way to reach rest of the network?

Posted 01-31-2019 02:59

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The links you send is more DC interconnect.

I looking more after how to connect the plain IP network with clients to the DC.

//Niklas

• 4.  RE: vxlan L3 gateway best way to reach rest of the network?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-31-2019 03:30
    Hi Niklas,

Do you mean the clients within the DC to reach the outside? Then you just host the clients behind the leafs and use any protocol (OSPF will do the job) and redistribute any outside routes (or simply default route) from PE on your gateway (Spine). On the Spines, need a routing-instance where you advertise the L3 interfaces (say IRBs?) for connectivity to the end devices of the DC.

Assuming any other outside IP clients that need connectivity to the DC have connectivity to your PE, above should get you connectivity to such clients into the DC and vice-versa.

Hope this helps.

-r.

--------------------------------------------------

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated :).