vMX

View Only
last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about vMX.
  • 1.  Interface Statistics Graph on Cacti (SNMP) No Update.

Posted 06-06-2020 09:59

Hi,

I am using juniper vMX 17.2R13. I want to monitor that vMX with Cacti (running on Ubuntu 18.04 with PHP 7.2).

I am running a minimal configuration for SNMP:

[edit snmp]
    description "Juniper vMX 17.2";
    location "DC1, Kebumen, Indonesia";
    contact "rizqi@domain.com";
    community public {
        authorization read-only;
        clients {
            10.1.1.2/32;
        }
    }

On cacti configuration, I am using Generic SNMP-enabled Host template and trying to monitor interface fxp0.0 with a graph. 

The SNMP information request is successful:

Screenshot from 2020-06-06 23-34-45.png

But the graph not update:

Screenshot from 2020-06-06 23-39-40.png

On the other hand, I see there are SNMP requests that running by cacti poller every 5 minutes.

Screenshot from 2020-06-06 23-41-01.png

This my cacti log:

06/06/2020 16:55:02 - POLLER: Poller[1] ASSERT: '1314955<0:3:40:31.61' failed. Recaching host '10.1.1.1', data query #2
    06/06/2020 16:55:03 - SYSTEM STATS: Time:1.2687 Method:cmd.php Processes:1 Threads:N/A Hosts:1 HostsPerProcess:1 DataSources:2 RRDsProcessed:1
    06/06/2020 16:55:03 - PCOMMAND Device[6] WARNING: Recache Event Detected for Device
    06/06/2020 16:55:04 - RECACHE STATS: Poller: RecacheTime:0.4298 DevicesRecached:1

I have tried to change the cacti's cronjob from execute /usr/share/cacti/site/poller.php  to /usr/share/cacti/site/cmd.php But it's doesn't works.

Is there any configuration that I need to add? or what do I need to check and fix?

Thanks.

#CACTI
    #SNMP
    #vmx

• 2.  RE: Interface Statistics Graph on Cacti (SNMP) No Update.

Posted 06-07-2020 08:43

Hi xdnroot,

I hope you are doing great!

I am wondering if this could be not related to an issue with Juniper configuration. As per your simple configuration and the outputs on the monitoring tool, it seems working fine to me. Could it be possible that we are missing something to be done on Cacti that is not displaying graphs?

Hope this helps you 🙂

Please mark "Accepted Solution" if this helps you solve your query. 

Kudos are always appreciated! 

• 3.  RE: Interface Statistics Graph on Cacti (SNMP) No Update.

Posted 06-07-2020 12:06

Hi xdnroot, 

Greetings, 

As per my understanding, you are unable to poll the fxp0.0 on Juniper when configured to poll via Cacti, right ?

Firstly, I would recommend you to try the same with a working physical interface say ge-0/0/1 rather than the Out of Band fxp0 interface. Also, I believe the SNMP configuration is correct wrt Juniper vMX. Do verify the template that you are running from Cacti. ?

Hope this helps. 

Please mark "Accept as solution" if this answers your query. 

Kudos are appreciated too! 

Regards, 

Sharat Ainapur

• 4.  RE: Interface Statistics Graph on Cacti (SNMP) No Update.

Posted 06-08-2020 05:59

I have tried to use another cacti template, such as: Juniper MX960, Juniper EX Switch Graphs. But nothing works.

Did I need to do something on junos configuration, so I can get the update on cacti interface statistic graphs.?

• 5.  RE: Interface Statistics Graph on Cacti (SNMP) No Update.
    Best Answer

Posted 06-08-2020 06:05

Hi xdnroot,

In my opinion, this is not a configuration issue on Juniper. As you mentioned that the information request was successfully seen, the only issue lies with generating graphs. This seems like something to be done on Cacti.

I would encourage you to check with graph generation on Cacti that we must be missing.

Hope this helps 🙂

Please mark "Accepted Solution" if this helps you.

Kudos are always appreciated!