Management

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

• 1.  Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

Posted 06-18-2021 18:25

I have followed instructions on eveng and also posted in their forums but to no avail. 

My space starts up but only gets so far but at a certain point the boot up process appears to stall. 
    does anyone know the secret to get this working. 

------------------------------
    Simon Bingham

• 2.  RE: Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

Posted 06-19-2021 14:03
    Hi,

which junos space version n eve-ng version that u use? Im dont have face the issue using any junos space version in eve-ng/pnetlab.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

Posted 06-19-2021 16:34
    I just installed Space 19.4R1.4 on my EVE-NG server following the EVE-NG guide with no issues.  I even played around setting the CPU to 2 and memory to 2g, it still booted every time with no issues.  

I am suspecting that the image you are using may have an issue ( maybe corrupt ) - see if you can re-download the image from Juniper and add it to your server again.

Jeff Fry

• 4.  RE: Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

Posted 06-19-2021 18:10

Hi,

I have tried 16,1 , 19.3 and 21.1R1.4 , all 3 seem to have the same issue from what I can work out from googling the error its looking for a floppy drive that does not exist. 

I'm using in eve community , could this be an issue with the QEMU custom options. ?
    are yours the same ?  

does the screen shot of my settings look the same as yours.

Thanks again , Simon

Simon Bingham

• 5.  RE: Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

Posted 06-20-2021 03:06

Thanks I have tried 3 versions, this is very odd

I download the  "KVM Image for Virtual Appliance" cow2 file from Juniper upload  to eve and then rename the filename exactly as suggested.  and run  the "fix permissions "

I'm using EVE community. 

I'm running Linux boxes, vSRX, vMX vQFX all on the same platform with no problems at all. 

Its looking like my space install is looking for a disk that does not exist "dev fd0"

root@eve-ng:/opt/unetlab/addons/qemu# ls -lnh
    drwxr-xr-x 2 0 0 4.0K Jun 19 11:45 jspace-16.1R1.7-001
    drwxr-xr-x 2 0 0 4.0K May 29 13:36 jspace-19.3R1.3
    drwxr-xr-x 2 0 0 4.0K Jun 19 11:44 jspace-21.1R1.4

root@eve-ng:/opt/unetlab/addons/qemu# cd jspace-21.1R1.4
    root@eve-ng:/opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/jspace-21.1R1.4# ls
    virtioa.qcow2
    root@eve-ng:/opt/unetlab/addons/qemu/jspace-21.1R1.4# 

I think this must be the eve template. it seems my VM is expecting to find a drive. 

is there any chance you could screen shot the template for me, I wonder about the QEMU custom options. 

Thanks again for your time 

Simon Bingham

• 6.  RE: Junos Space and EVEng. has anyone got this working ? if so what version

Posted 06-20-2021 16:12
    Here the yml file that is on my EVE-NG server.  For reference, I am running EVE-NG Professional v4.01-16-PRO  on Ubuntu  18.04.5 LTS

Jeff
    ( aka Fryguy )