Security

View Only
last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  Chassis Clustering - IP Monitoring

Posted 12-26-2020 00:10
    Hi,
    I'm having hard time to comprehend with this explanation from chassis clustering section of JSEC course. Is there anyone who can lighten up the phrases?
    I understand how interface monitoring works, its a straightforward approach. When an interface fails, its weight (255) will be subtracted from the global weight of 255 and cause the RG to failover to the secondary node in the cluster.
    Unfortunately in IP monitoring, I can't understand what the author is up to. I am getting confused why they used 200 for global-weight value, 120 for global-threshold value and 100 for monitored address weight value.
    Global-threshold of 120 subtracted to monitored address weight of 100 is not equal to 0. (120-100 is not equal to zero). This makes the explanation more complicated.
    Please see the attached screenshot from Juniper Tech guides and JSEC course module.

------------------------------
    Tatz Whitebeard
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Chassis Clustering - IP Monitoring

Posted 12-26-2020 12:13

yes, that example is kind of strange. I have an old version of the class so the IP addresses are not the same but hopefully this will help: 

• 3.  RE: Chassis Clustering - IP Monitoring

Posted 12-26-2020 12:14
    Edited by ylara 12-26-2020 12:25