Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences with Juniper Connected Security. Discuss Advanced Threat Protection, SecIntel, Secure Analytics, Secure Connect, Security Director, and all things related to Juniper security technologies.
  • 1.  SRX1500 storage issue

Posted 10-15-2021 12:45
    Hi community,

I am having an issue with the SRX1500 upgrade, When I add the software add command, it gives the following error below. 
    as part of resolution I did various tasks. 
    - Zeroized and tried the upgrade but it failed. 
    -reboot and upgrade (just to let the vm host clears it's cache) but failed.
    -request system storage cleanup and upgrade but failed.

I could not found the solution on the juniper forums also, should I raise a JTAC case for it? Has anyone faced similar issue with the SRX1500.

root> request system software add /var/tmp/junos-srxentedge-x86-64-20.2R2.11.tgz no-validate
    Installing package '/var/tmp/junos-srxentedge-x86-64-20.2R2.11.tgz' ...
    Verified manifest signed by PackageProductionECP256_2020 method ECDSA256+SHA256

WARNING: Available storage Space is less than the required space for installation
    WARNING: Use the following command from CLI to cleanup the storage
    WARNING: cli>request system storage cleanup

WARNING: This installation attempt will be aborted.
    ERROR: junos-srx-img fails pre-install
    Installation failed for package '/var/tmp/junos-srxentedge-x86-64-20.2R2.11.tgz'

------------------------------
    IKRAM UL-HAQ

• 2.  RE: SRX1500 storage issue

Posted 10-15-2021 19:58
    You can try the no-copy option during install which will reduce the space required for the install process.

If that is not enough then it will require crawling the directories and deleting files.  There are a number of general kb on the topic in the Juniper documentation but they all seem to avoid specific file recommendations for the most part.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home