Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Virtual Chassis NO PING?

Posted 05-26-2021 14:03
    Hello, I'm pretty new to the Juniper OS world.

I have two EX2200-C Juniper switches. I have created a virtual chassis (VCF) using both switches. 

My issue is I can not PING between two nodes the are connected to the virtual chassis (one on each physical switch). The nodes can PING each other if they are connected to the same physical switch. How do I get the two nodes (computers) to ping each other when they are physically connected to different switch that are in a virtual chassis.

After doing more troubleshooting, I think the switch labeled "backup" is the issue. I have two nodes connected to ports on that  physical switch only and they can't PING each other. Why am I having issues with this "backup" switch?

Like I said I'm new. Do I need to do another step?

No other configuration were done to these two switches.

• 2.  RE: Virtual Chassis NO PING?

Posted 05-26-2021 18:57
    What are your vlan and interface configurations?

Once the two switches are joined in the VC, the ports on node 0 are all the same as before: ge-0/0/#
    But the ports on node 1 are now fpc 1 so they all become ge-1/0/#

Thus the default vlan and port configuration is only setup on node 0.  You will need to configure the node 1 ports to place them into a vlan and setup as access ports for your computers.

------------------------------
    Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Virtual Chassis NO PING?

Posted 05-26-2021 21:33
    Oh okay....I thought ALL the ports on both switches would just be on the same default vlan thus be able to talk to each other. Gotcha, so start configuring my vlans next. 

I was wondering why I couldn't see the "backup" ports when I typed "show vlan" in operational mode. Only the Master ports would show under the default vlan.

Thank you so very much!