Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

OS upgrade

• 1.  OS upgrade

Posted 05-21-2021 08:14

I want to upgrade our acx2200 router and is currently running the below version and i have couple question.

what is limited version means?

Do I need to download and upgrade the router with a limited version since it seems to be running the limited version?

This is the version currently running and would like to upgraded to  version 20.2R3.

Model: acx2200
    Junos: 19.3R1.8 limited

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: OS upgrade

Posted 05-21-2021 08:26
    Hello gxs,

Starting with Junos OS 15.1:

• Junos OS with a null (empty) edition field is the standard image for Junos OS.

• limited-Version has no cryptographic support and is intended for countries in the Eurasian Customs Union (EACU). These countries have import restrictions on software containing data-plane encryption.

You can find the public doc here:
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/junos-install-upgrade/topics/topic-map/software-install-and-upgrade-overview.html

You do not need to keep the limited image. If you are living in a country without import restrictions, just use the normal null (empty) edition: MX Mid Range Series & ACX 500/1K/2K/4K

------------------------------
    If my answer provides the solution, please mark my post as "Best Answer".
    If you think my answer helps, please "Recommend" my post.

• 3.  RE: OS upgrade

Posted 05-21-2021 12:06
    Thanks for the info I do appreciate it.