Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  v4/v6 shared demux?

Posted 12-21-2020 17:46

When doing dynamic-profiles it is my understanding that ipv4 and ipv6 demux happen independently and thus 2 demux interfaces are created.  However, when a subscriber is supposed to get a set rate such as 100Mbps, that needs to be aggregated/shared for both inet families.   How would I ensure that the shaping/policing applied happens has a group rather than individually?

• 2.  RE: v4/v6 shared demux?

Posted 12-22-2020 02:23

Please use dual-stack configuration for single session for both v4 and v6.

you can configure logical-interface-policer on policer configuration and use that same policer on both v4 and v6 interfaces.

------------------------------
    Kijush Maharjan

• 3.  RE: v4/v6 shared demux?

Posted 12-22-2020 19:25

What if a subscriber is v6/dhcpv6 only, will a dual stack DHCP config permit that?  Typically subs will be inet only or dual stack but just covering by bases 

• 4.  RE: v4/v6 shared demux?

Posted 12-22-2020 23:47

for v6 only, you don't need dual-stack or any v4 configuration. are you planning for pppoe or ipoe?

Kijush Maharjan

• 5.  RE: v4/v6 shared demux?

Posted 12-23-2020 01:34

I know I don't need dual stack for v6 only as that is a contradiction.

What I am saying is I want to support every kind of dhcp cpe configuration.  Inet only, inet6 only or dual stack.   So if I have dual stack dhcp configured and that is working fine for dual stack clients and some new client comes along and never sends any dhcp4 and only dhcp6, will it still work/support it or is inet4 a hard requirement/prerequisite for v6 when doing dual stack dhcp config in junos?

• 6.  RE: v4/v6 shared demux?

Posted 12-24-2020 02:02

It will definitely work. 

Kijush Maharjan