Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

SNMPv3 Notification

• 1.  SNMPv3 Notification

Posted 07-06-2021 10:46

Hi! I am preparing for JNCIE and getting a bit confused regarding snmp v3 notifications. I have the solution provided by the workbook but I dont think I fully understand it, or understand it enough to be able to explain it!
    Can someone please provide a guided solution with some brief explanations/tips/ key point to correctly configure this?

Question: Configure SNMPv3 notification parameters according to Table.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SNMPv3 Notification

Posted 07-12-2021 19:08
    Hi,

is this the JNCIE-ENT Workbook we are talking about?
    Every workbook should have a section in the back where the „solution" is shown - this should clarify things :) That table looks a bit odd - maybe it's just a messed up formatting rendering this question impossible.

------------------------------
    Christian Scholz
    Juniper Networks Ambassador | JNCIE-SEC #374
    Mail: chs@ip4.de
    Blog: jncie.eu | Twitter: @chsjuniper | YT-Channel: netchron
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: SNMPv3 Notification

Posted 07-13-2021 08:49
    Hi Christian!
    It's from JNCIE-SP workbook. As stated I have the solutions provided but I wasn't able to make much sense out of it in a way to fully understand the config. Yeah that table looks off- plus it doesnt match the solution provided either (as far as I can tell), this is why I was confused and wanted some clarification. its good to know im not going insane with all these preparation for JNCIE lol
    Thanks for confirming.