Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  Upgrade to to Junos 17 to 20 4R2 on MX 204

Posted 09-08-2021 18:20
    #
    Hi ,
    I work on a new project in IP fabric Span - Leaf architecture VXLAN EVPN-BGP with MX 204 and QFX5120-32C and QFX5120-48Y. I am new on the project and would like to set up a Home lab to practice. What would you suggest? 
    I tried to upgrade my Juniper router MX204 from Junos 17 . Junos 20. 4R2 on MX204 I get ERROR: estimate of space required:4223343 KBYTES available :376580 Kbytes
    I tried to request system storage cleanup and Vmhost cleanup. It won't clean up. I tried to reboot and reinstall still nothing. Do you know another option to push the upgrade? I did show system storage and there is only one file of 4GB. When I reboot the router it still shows the old version. Do you know what else I can do?.
    Regards,
    Isaac

------------------------------
    ISAAC KATALAYI
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Upgrade to to Junos 17 to 20 4R2 on MX 204

Posted 09-18-2021 20:08
    a. You may try to clean-up files manually, if possible, also if there is some unneeded files in the file system.
    b. For practice, this is easily done in virtual devices, using EVE-NG with the trial images for vQFX and vMX.

Regards,

Elvin