Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  BRAS matching/mapping different profile name from Radius to configuration

Posted 11-29-2020 04:12
    Hello,

Radius returns profile named "user-access"​ and dynamic profile with such name exist in my BRAS configuration so all work as expected.
    Can I map profile named "user-access" to newly created dynamic profile "more-descriptive-name" or I should always change radius configuration?

• 2.  RE: BRAS matching/mapping different profile name from Radius to configuration
    Best Answer

Posted 11-29-2020 05:48
    Hi, there is an option named dynamic-profile versioning that gives you possibility to modify profiles that are in use by active subsribers: Versioning for Dynamic Profiles

But that option as I know is not valid for changing profile name, instead of that it gives you possibility to create aliases that can be used on Radius server within client-profile-name VSA (26–4874–174).

Anyway that kind of changes also requires corrections on Radius server side so that it will  send correct attribute information to the BRAS.

------------------------------
    Regards,
    Elchin
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: BRAS matching/mapping different profile name from Radius to configuration

Posted 11-29-2020 06:12
    I know this weird question but this is just for migration purposes.
    Thanks,  I'll do this with changing radius server parameters.