Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
Expand all | Collapse all

Channelizing Interfaces is available on EX4300-32F Switches or its commercial restriction?

• 1.  Channelizing Interfaces is available on EX4300-32F Switches or its commercial restriction?

Posted 06-17-2021 05:30

Hi, i know that Channelizing is support on EX4400 switches and more high switch series

"You can use QSFP+ to four SFP+ breakout cables or QSFP+
    transceivers with fiber breakout cables to connect the 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports to other servers,
    storage, and switches. By default, the four 40-Gbps QSFP+ ports operate as 40-Gigabit Ethernet (et)
    ports. When an et port is channelized to four xe ports, a colon is used to signify the four separate
    channels. For example, on a switch with port 2 on PIC 1 conC]†r;7 as four 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports,
    the interface names are xe-0/1/2:0, xe-0/1/2:1, xe-0/1/2:2, and xe-0/1/2:3"

Is that available on EX4300-32F too or not?  If not - it is by reason that 40G by default configure as VCP port or its commercial restriction? Can I remove VCP ports, make port as defalt et interface and use brakeout cable QSFP+ to 4x10G and connect 4 different devices to this 10G links?

• 2.  RE: Channelizing Interfaces is available on EX4300-32F Switches or its commercial restriction?

Posted 06-17-2021 13:19
    The two ports on the back do not support channelized operation, though I can't find any documentation on this. I don't know about the optional 2-port uplink module.​