Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Channelizing Interfaces is available on EX4300-32F Switches or its commercial restriction?

• 1.  Channelizing Interfaces is available on EX4300-32F Switches or its commercial restriction?

Posted 06-17-2021 05:30

Hi, i know that Channelizing is support on EX4400 switches and more high switch series

"You can use QSFP+ to four SFP+ breakout cables or QSFP+
    transceivers with fiber breakout cables to connect the 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports to other servers,
    storage, and switches. By default, the four 40-Gbps QSFP+ ports operate as 40-Gigabit Ethernet (et)
    ports. When an et port is channelized to four xe ports, a colon is used to signify the four separate
    channels. For example, on a switch with port 2 on PIC 1 conC]†r;7 as four 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports,
    the interface names are xe-0/1/2:0, xe-0/1/2:1, xe-0/1/2:2, and xe-0/1/2:3"

Is that available on EX4300-32F too or not?  If not - it is by reason that 40G by default configure as VCP port or its commercial restriction? Can I remove VCP ports, make port as defalt et interface and use brakeout cable QSFP+ to 4x10G and connect 4 different devices to this 10G links?

• 2.  RE: Channelizing Interfaces is available on EX4300-32F Switches or its commercial restriction?

Posted 06-17-2021 13:19
    The two ports on the back do not support channelized operation, though I can't find any documentation on this. I don't know about the optional 2-port uplink module.​