Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Expand all | Collapse all

Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

• 1.  Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

Posted 06-02-2021 21:41
    When adding a "member-range" to an "interface-range", how do you remove only one interface from the "member-range" without having to delete the whole "member-range". In other words, if you made a mistake and needed to remove one interface.

example:
    member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/9

I would like to remove ge-0/0/0 from the above member-range. Is there a single command that would do this? It seems like I would have to delete the whole member-range and then create the member range again and commit? It's like you have to run multiple configurations commands and then commit all at once.

• 2.  RE: Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

Posted 06-02-2021 23:13
    Based on how you've defined the range, there's no direct way to exclude a member, however this can be achieved using a few  different ways:

a) One way is to delete the range and redefine it excluding the member.  This one should be done with caution as we're removing/re-adding the range for a brief second or while the commit is in progress.  In my experience, I haven't seen much disruption due to this, however that was for a device where the commit went through pretty quickly.

For example:
    delete interfaces interface-range member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/9
    set interfaces interface-range member-range ge-0/0/1 to ge-0/0/8
    commit

b) Another is to  use "wildcard" or use "member" instead of member-range to define the range, in a way that makes it easier to delete a specific member later on.  

For example:
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# show interfaces interface-range MY_RANGE
    member ge-0/0/0;
    member ge-0/0/1;
    member ge-0/0/2;
    member ge-0/0/3;
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# delete interfaces interface-range MY_RANGE member ge-0/0/0
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# commit
    commit complete
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# show interfaces interface-range MY_RANGE                     
    member ge-0/0/1;
    member ge-0/0/2;
    member ge-0/0/3;

Please refer this one for wildcard example:
    https://community.juniper.net/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=64465#bm3292f699-f49d-42f2-85e8-c16be26d3bfc

c) Another way to disable a member at the protocol definition (dot1x example shared in above link).

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    -r.
    --------------------------------------------------
    If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated :).

• 3.  RE: Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

Posted 06-03-2021 08:22
    Gotcha, that explains a lot. 

If I make all the uncommitted changes first then apply the commit everything should work.

Thank you very much,