Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

Posted 06-02-2021 21:41
    When adding a "member-range" to an "interface-range", how do you remove only one interface from the "member-range" without having to delete the whole "member-range". In other words, if you made a mistake and needed to remove one interface.

example:
    member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/9

I would like to remove ge-0/0/0 from the above member-range. Is there a single command that would do this? It seems like I would have to delete the whole member-range and then create the member range again and commit? It's like you have to run multiple configurations commands and then commit all at once.

• 2.  RE: Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

Posted 06-02-2021 23:13
    Based on how you've defined the range, there's no direct way to exclude a member, however this can be achieved using a few  different ways:

a) One way is to delete the range and redefine it excluding the member.  This one should be done with caution as we're removing/re-adding the range for a brief second or while the commit is in progress.  In my experience, I haven't seen much disruption due to this, however that was for a device where the commit went through pretty quickly.

For example:
    delete interfaces interface-range member-range ge-0/0/0 to ge-0/0/9
    set interfaces interface-range member-range ge-0/0/1 to ge-0/0/8
    commit

b) Another is to  use "wildcard" or use "member" instead of member-range to define the range, in a way that makes it easier to delete a specific member later on.  

For example:
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# show interfaces interface-range MY_RANGE
    member ge-0/0/0;
    member ge-0/0/1;
    member ge-0/0/2;
    member ge-0/0/3;
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# delete interfaces interface-range MY_RANGE member ge-0/0/0
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# commit
    commit complete
    [edit]
    labroot@JNPR_LAB# show interfaces interface-range MY_RANGE                     
    member ge-0/0/1;
    member ge-0/0/2;
    member ge-0/0/3;

Please refer this one for wildcard example:
    https://community.juniper.net/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=64465#bm3292f699-f49d-42f2-85e8-c16be26d3bfc

c) Another way to disable a member at the protocol definition (dot1x example shared in above link).

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    -r.
    --------------------------------------------------
    If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."
    Kudos are always appreciated :).

• 3.  RE: Removing a single interface from a "member-range"?

Posted 06-03-2021 08:22
    Gotcha, that explains a lot. 

If I make all the uncommitted changes first then apply the commit everything should work.

Thank you very much,