Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  IP Unnumbered and DHCP Netmask

Posted 12-24-2020 11:32

I have dhcp running with a dynamic-profile.  I am getting the pool from RADIUS in Framed-Pool attribute.  My pool is a /25 and the first IP excluded and is a /32 loopback address.  My dynamic-profile is using unnumbered lo0.0.  DHCP works, but its handing the client a /32 netmask and some clients take this fine, but others break as they don't see the gateway (the unnumbered loopback IP) as being in the same subnet.

Will JunOS always advertise a /32 in DHCP when doing unnumbered interfaces or can it advertise the netmask as it is configured in the IP pool?

If I send a Radius-Framed-Netmask that does work and override it, however I can't really do that reliably as the masks vary.  Why isn't the BNG just using the POOL's  "network" prefix-length?

• 2.  RE: IP Unnumbered and DHCP Netmask

Posted 12-31-2020 03:32

I had same problem, what I did. If you use freeradius comment line Framed-IP-Netmask in freeradius dictionary.rfc2865 restart radius. Now you will get netmask from your dynamic pool.

• 3.  RE: IP Unnumbered and DHCP Netmask

Posted 12-31-2020 09:43
    I never saw that net
    mask attribute even being returned in my accept packet response from radius.