Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Change a subscriber access route from a preference of 13?

Posted 01-05-2021 15:59

I can change the cost of a route being entered into the routing table by adding the cost at the end of the route for example:

10.10.10.0/24 192.168.1.1 250

I then see this with a cost of 250, but the preference of the access route is still set to it's default of '13' and I cannot get this changed.

my dynamic profile has the below lines:

set dynamic-profiles DYN-PROF-1 routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix next-hop "$junos-framed-route-nexthop"
    set dynamic-profiles DYN-PROF-1 routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix metric "$junos-framed-route-cost"
    set dynamic-profiles DYN-PROF-1 routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix preference "$junos-framed-route-distance"
    set dynamic-profiles DYN-PROF-1 routing-instances "$junos-routing-instance" routing-options access route $junos-framed-route-ip-address-prefix tag "$junos-framed-route-tag"

Which I believe is correct but I cannot seem to format the framed-route in such a way that the  preference is being changed. 

Cost is fine, I can also tag a route but I just cant change the preference :/

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Change a subscriber access route from a preference of 13?
    Best Answer

Posted 01-06-2021 04:54
    Found the answer.

you simply add the word 'distance' to the framed-route:

So in my example if I wanted to change it from the default '13' to 200 with a cost of 250 then it would be as follows:

10.10.10.0/24 192.168.1.1 250 distance 200