Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  EX2300 OS software upgrade

Posted 04-02-2021 21:42
    I want to download a new software versoin for my Model: ex2300-24t  switch and im not sure which one should I download.

I selected thedrop down box for  Junos SR for 18.1 versions and i want o download the following version 

<mat-cell _ngcontent-c12="" class="mat-cell cdk-column-urlLabel mat-column-urlLabel ng-tns-c12-2 ng-star-inserted" role="gridcell">EX2300(-C) and EX3400 Series</mat-cell><mat-cell _ngcontent-c12="" class="mat-cell cdk-column-release mat-column-release ng-tns-c12-2 ng-star-inserted" role="gridcell">18.1R3-S12</mat-cell><mat-cell _ngcontent-c12="" class="mat-cell cdk-column-convertedDate mat-column-convertedDate ng-tns-c12-2 ng-star-inserted" role="gridcell">22 Jan 2021</mat-cell><mat-cell _ngcontent-c12="" class="mat-cell cdk-column-fileExt mat-column-fileExt ng-tns-c12-2 ng-star-inserted" role="gridcell">tgz   (306.27MB)
    Checksums</mat-cell>

but i see it has the EX2300(C). Will this version for a regular EX2300 switch? or is it only for the <mat-cell _ngcontent-c12="" class="mat-cell cdk-column-urlLabel mat-column-urlLabel ng-tns-c12-2 ng-star-inserted" role="gridcell">EX2300(-C) and EX3400.

</mat-cell>Thanks
    GXS

• 2.  RE: EX2300 OS software upgrade

Posted 04-02-2021 22:01
    Hello GXS,

the file is the same for both models, this is the correct file: junos-arm-32-18.1R3-S12.1.tgz

------------------------------
    If my answer provides the solution, please mark my post as "Best Answer".
    If you think my answer helps, please "Recommend" my post.

• 3.  RE: EX2300 OS software upgrade

Posted 04-02-2021 22:39

Hello gxs,

please keep the conversation within the public community, so that everyone can read this if he searches for the same solution.

> Thanks for the info and the quick response i do appreciate it.
    > btw, the switch current version is Junos: 18.1R3.3 do you see any issues upgrading from this version to the new one?
    > I'm new to Juniper and haven't done much OS upgrades but will I have enough space to perform the upgrade ? See below

EX2300 is known to have very little storage space for upgrades. No, there is no issue by upgrading from 18.1R3 to 18.1R3-S12. But this release is almost End of Life. I'd suggest to upgrade to any newer release between 18.4 and 20.2, depending if you need any specific features or bugfixes.

There is a KB article regarding JUNOS upgrades on this platform, makes sense to read this before upgrading:
    https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB31198

This is a general instruction on how to upgrade EX2300 series:
    https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB31201

If my answer provides the solution, please mark my post as "Best Answer".
    If you think my answer helps, please "Recommend" my post.

• 4.  RE: EX2300 OS software upgrade

Posted 04-02-2021 23:51
    Daniel,

Thank You so much for your input and the links you provided it will definitely help.