Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  agentx failed to connect Log File entries

Posted 04-27-2021 08:57
    I have another log file entry that is repeating.  I suppose I can filter it but would rather correct the root problem:

ipfd[2039]: LIBJSNMP_NS_LOG_WARNING: WARNING: Warning: Failed to connect to the agentx master agent (/var/agentx/master): Unknown host (/var/agentx/master) (No such file or directory)

The platform is SRX300.  I have multiple units all reporting the same log message.
    I found the problem report attached on Juniper.Net.
    http://prsearch.juniper.net/PR1490487

Running the most most recent Junos 21.1

------------------------------
    ROBERT THORNTON

• 2.  RE: agentx failed to connect Log File entries

Posted 10-18-2021 16:39
    Hi Robert,

Did you ever end up finding the root cause? I'm seeing this issue on one of my two SRX345's (both Junos 21.1R1 as well) but not the other. Like you stated we can filter it, but it would be nice to understand why we are receiving this message.

MATTHEW BURMEISTER