Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Alternative VPN solution that works with Juniper SRX380 series

Posted 04-20-2021 23:56
    Edited by Frank 04-21-2021 13:51
    Hello!

We have been using the Juniper exclusive NCP VPN client for some time. But we run into issues with it, so we are looking for an alternative VPN client that is compatible with the SRX380 series.  I came across the Junos Pulse VPN client and the Shrew Soft VPN client and I wanted to check if anyone here has some real-time experience with those on the SRX380?

Please do share your suggestions and possibly an implementation guide/resources for any other VPN client.

Best,
    Frank

• 2.  RE: Alternative VPN solution that works with Juniper SRX380 series

Posted 04-21-2021 00:08
    Hi,

Now juniper have Secure Connect as VPN Client.

Thanks

• 3.  RE: Alternative VPN solution that works with Juniper SRX380 series

Posted 04-21-2021 15:43
    Edited by Frank 04-21-2021 15:44
    Hi Kronicklez,

Is the Juniper secure connect VPN client a new Juniper product or a third-party product? Like the exclusive NCP VPN, we get support from a third party. Would you recommend the secure connect VPN over the Pulse secure VPN client and the Shrew Soft VPN client. Is the secure connect a new secure VPN solution?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my many questions.

Best,
    Frank

• 4.  RE: Alternative VPN solution that works with Juniper SRX380 series

Posted 04-22-2021 00:24
    Hi Frank,

Secure Connect is new juniper product. I think it already have in price list. As i remember one of member in this forum already test it and look good.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Alternative VPN solution that works with Juniper SRX380 series

Posted 04-22-2021 01:06
    Edited by Frank 04-22-2021 01:07
    Hi Kronicklez,

Thanks for your response!  Based on the KB, the SRX Series devices and vSRX include two built-in concurrent user licenses. I guess I could use those for test purposes. 

Here is a resource I found on the Juniper site on how to implement the Secure Connect VPN.  Please can you share more implementation guides if different from the below? Also, a link to the price list.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/vpn-ipsec/topics/concept/juniper-secure-connect-overview.html

Thanks again!

Frank

• 6.  RE: Alternative VPN solution that works with Juniper SRX380 series

Posted 04-22-2021 01:29
    Hi Frank,

For price list u need to request to Juniper Partner in your country.

Thanks