Junos OS

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

• 1.  MX204 : cannot configure traffic control profile (pic has no CoS queuing)

Posted 10-26-2021 09:49

EDIT : SORRY, That heading should be MX240 (Not MX204)

I've copied a configuration from a Juniper MX104 to a MX240

The Juniper MX240 has a MPC type2 card installed (4 x 10Gb).

When setting up the class of service in an identical manor as the MX104 I get the below error:

[edit class-of-service interfaces xe-2/0/1 unit 2111]
    'output-traffic-control-profile'
    cannot configure traffic control profile (pic has no CoS queuing)
    error: configuration check-out failed

I'm pretty sure the MX240 MPC card should have the capability to do this. I've enabled hierarchical scheduler. Do I need to enable something on the FPC PIC? Or could it be a issue with my Junos version? On 20.4R1.12

Thanks

• 2.  RE: MX204 : cannot configure traffic control profile (pic has no CoS queuing)

Posted 10-26-2021 15:50
    I think I have the answer. I'm using the MX-MPC-3D  whereas it needs to be the MX-MPC-3D-Q variant to apply a traffic control profile :/

• 3.  RE: MX204 : cannot configure traffic control profile (pic has no CoS queuing)

Posted 30 days ago
    That is correct. For you to do per-unit/per-VLAN queuing, you need to have either the -Q variant or -NG variant of MPC.

------------------------------
    Eric Van Tol
    ------------------------------