Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Which Junos does not support configuring "l3-interface" & "irb interface"

Posted 01-10-2022 10:46
    Hi,

I have an EX4550(EOL) switch and i am planning to upgrade firmware from Junos version 12.3R6(current)  To 15.1R7-S6.3(Juniper suggested).
    My question is, does the Junos version 15.1R7-S6.3 support configuring "l3-interface" for vlan, because i read somewhere that newer Junos versions support only irb interface configuration but not  vlan interface.

If 15.1R7-S6.3 support configuring "l3-interface" for vlans, can you give me info from which Junos version l3-interface configuration does not work for vlans and only irb works. Or did i understood wrong please let me know.

Example of vlan and irb interface

set vlans <vlanname> l3-interface vlan.<xx>

set vlans <vlanname> l3-interface irb.<xx>

Thankyou

------------------------------
    KALEEMULLAH MOHAMMED

• 2.  RE: Which Junos does not support configuring "l3-interface" & "irb interface"

Posted 01-10-2022 12:20
    Sorry for the wrong Title, infact it should be 

Which Junos version does not support configuring "vlan based l3-interface" but only "irb based l3-interfaces"

KALEEMULLAH MOHAMMED

• 3.  RE: Which Junos does not support configuring "l3-interface" & "irb interface"

Posted 01-10-2022 16:25
    The change you are talking about is the move the ELS - enhance layer 2 services.

The change is NOT Junos version based, but a hardware based change.  So EX hardware released after the transition uses the ELS format while the older hardware continues with the same configurations as before until End of Life and support.

Steve Puluka BSEET - Juniper Ambassador
    IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP)
    http://puluka.com/home

• 4.  RE: Which Junos does not support configuring "l3-interface" & "irb interface"

Posted 01-11-2022 05:28
    Hi Spuluka

Thank you for the clarification. Have a nice day.

Regards

KALEEMULLAH MOHAMMED