Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  What are benefits realized by the disaggregated Junos OS?

Posted 09-10-2021 14:32
    Hi guys.

Can someone explain to me easy way how are the disaggregated Junos OS?
    I'm trying to answer a question that was sent to me and I'm in doubt between answers C and D. But option B could be correct. Right?

Can someone explain to me?

------------------------------
    Lincoln Rattes

• 2.  RE: What are benefits realized by the disaggregated Junos OS?

Posted 09-11-2021 05:35

Many network equipment vendors have traditionally bound their software to purpose-built hardware and sold customers the bundled and packaged software–hardware combination. However, with the disaggregated Junos OS architecture, Juniper Network devices are now aligned with networks that are cloud-oriented, open, and rely on more flexible implementation scenarios.

The basic principle of the Disaggregated Junos OS architecture is decomposition (disaggregation) of the tightly bound Junos OS software and proprietary hardware into virtualized components that can potentially run not only on Juniper Networks hardware, but also, on white boxes or bare-metal servers.

The Juniper Device Manager (JDM) is a virtualized root container that manages software components.

• 3.  RE: What are benefits realized by the disaggregated Junos OS?

Posted 09-11-2021 12:45
    Thanks Dinshar

In this question below I understand that the answer is B and C. However some include answer D as correct. What could you explain about which answers the question.

What are two benefits realized by the disaggregated Junos OS? (Choose two.)

A. There is increased flexibility to use different control plane versions.

B. The Junos VM becomes hardware-independent and can be deployed on any hypervisor without modification.

C. The architecture facilitates programmability through provisioning the control plane, the data path, and the platform APIs.

D. The platform drivers and forwarding engine are removed from the control plane to increase performance.

Lincoln Rattes