Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  IPv6 Prefix Allocation for PPP Subscribers

Posted 06-15-2018 01:27

Hi,

I am testing the allocation of IPv6Prefix's to PPP Subscribers. I am in a position, now, where I can allocate an IPv6 Prefix to subscribers and IPv6 to IPv6 on the Internet is working well with Dual Stack. However, I do have one issue that I really need to resolve, and that is as follows:

On the RADIUS I am using Framed-IPv6-Prefix VSA and allocating a /64 via this VSA, and the CPE receives this allocation and also supplies the internal LAN with /64 address prefix's. But, this is not quite how it should be. I need to allocate a /56 to the WAN interface and then /64 Prefix's to LAN interfaces. Here is what I have configured so far:

RADIUS: Framed-IPv6-Prefix : 1a16:c640:2600:4446::/64

LNS Configuration:

set access address-assignment pool IAPD-PPPOA-POOL family inet6 prefix 1a16:c640:26::/48
    set access address-assignment pool IAPD-PPPOA-POOL family inet6 range IAPD-RANGE prefix-length 56

set system services dhcp-local-server dhcpv6 overrides delegated-pool IAPD-PPPOA-POOL
    set system services dhcp-local-server dhcpv6 group PD interface si-1/0/0.0

The problem is that our range needs to be a /29 and not a /48, but I cannot get it to work correctly. I have tried many different options and it just will not operate correctly. This /48 seems to be the only way I can get it to work. This is no good for different subscribers.

Does anyone know the best method of approach to get this working correctly please?

• 2.  RE: IPv6 Prefix Allocation for PPP Subscribers
    Best Answer

Posted 06-15-2018 01:39

Would the following configuration work for my requirements:

set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile protocols router-advertisement interface "$junos-interface-name" prefix $junos-ipv6-ndra-prefix
    set access address-assignment neighbor-discovery-router-advertisement NDRA
    set access address-assignment pool NDRA family inet6 prefix 1a16:c640::/29
    set access address-assignment pool NDRA family inet6 range LNS low 1a16:c640:26::/64
    set access address-assignment pool NDRA family inet6 range LNS high 1a16:c640:ffff:ffff:ffff::/64

Thanks

• 3.  RE: IPv6 Prefix Allocation for PPP Subscribers

Posted 06-18-2018 06:20

Maybe if I re-word the question I could get an easier answer 🙂

If I have "Framed-IPv6-Prefix" VSA configured on my RADIUS Server to assign the IPv6 Prefix to the subscriber, why would I need a pool on the LNS? This seems counter intuitive.....

I have the configuration on the RADIUS and have removed all pool requirements from the LNS and yet, I get no assignment of IPv6 to the CPE. If I look at subscribers on the LNS I see that the LNS has the correct IPv6 details for the subscriber but it is obviously not forwarding that on. 

Can someone explain why a pool is required if the RADIUS is meant to be assigning the IPv6?

• 4.  RE: IPv6 Prefix Allocation for PPP Subscribers

Posted 06-19-2018 02:03

I will leave this for now as it's more important to get other things tested first.