Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Junos updates

Posted 11-11-2019 00:12

Good morning,

I'm the happy owner of a Juniper EX4200 and Juniper EX2200-C switches. I would like to be able to download Junos updates or software for this two systems. I use one of them as a testing env so I would even need to reinstall it frequently. How could I manage for having permissions in Juniper for downloading Junos for this two machines?.

Best regards,

• 2.  RE: Junos updates

Posted 11-11-2019 00:17

Does it have any kind of cost?. I assume it shouldn't because finally.... you have bought the Juniper hardware... but... anyway... please could you guide me on this topic?. I'm just interested in software updates... not any kind of system guarantee or part replacement agreement... just downloading an updated junos for both of them (EX4200 and EX2200-C)...

Thank you!

Best regards,

• 3.  RE: Junos updates

Posted 11-11-2019 02:01

Hello,

AFAIK, there is no standalone entitlement for JUNOS software updates You can purchase from Juniper Networks.

As for the Juniper support services that include software updates, please see https://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/resource-guides/7100059-en.pdf 

Specifically Appendix B, page 12.

HTH

Thx

Alex 

• 4.  RE: Junos updates

Posted 11-11-2019 02:30
    Hi!

I have seen it would be included in the core support… but…what’s that cost?

Best regards,

• 5.  RE: Junos updates
    Best Answer

Posted 11-11-2019 06:32

Hello,

It is included in the Juniper Networks price list which You should be able to get from Juniper partner reseller or distributor.

And You can find them close to Your place at https://www.juniper.net/us/en/partners/locator/

HTH

Thx

Alex

• 6.  RE: Junos updates

Posted 11-11-2019 07:40
    Thanks a lot!

Well I was asking for having a price idea but… anyway… I’ll take a look for a partner 🙂

Cheers!