Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  MPLS - MP-BGP RSVP

Posted 06-03-2020 02:02

Hi,

I am putting together a Lab to test RSVP Traffic Engineering. The example below shows what I am trying to achieve:

1 x 10g Upstream Link

1 x 1g Upstream Link

As I am finding and is obvious (without changing configs drastically), the IGP is always (because of the algorithm) send traffic over the 10g link, therefore never utilising the 1g link.

So, I want to test separating the SIP (DSCP 46) and RTP (DSCP 26) from the other traffic and have the VoiP traffic utilise the 1g link while all other traffic utilises the 10g link.

I will state the following in advance:

I can configure the MPLS - No Issue there

I can configure the IGP - No issue there

I can configure the MP-BGP - No issue there

I can configure the RSVP per interface required - No issue there

I can configure the Classifiers for the incoming traffic and place in the correct queues - No issues there

I can configure the Schedulers and CoS - No issue there

Here's what I am not sure of:

1: How do I get the traffic to go out of the correct interfaces to allow RSVP Strict ruling to send VoiP over the 1g link and all other traffic over the 10g link?

2: Is CoS only required on the entry router? (I am guessing yes, as MPLS LSPs will deal with the traffic within our network).

3: Do I use RSVP Loose for the "other traffic" or LDP?

I can do 80% of this, but am just a little stuck, even with reading the Juniper docs on getting the last bit working.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: MPLS - MP-BGP RSVP
    Best Answer

Posted 06-03-2020 02:19

Hi,

1. You can use the below example for cos-based forwarding , which is assigning the traffic to interface based on its class , you can assign traffic to LSPs too

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/example/cos-based-forwarding-example-cos-config-guide.html

2: Is CoS only required on the entry router? (I am guessing yes, as MPLS LSPs will deal with the traffic within our network).
    AA CoS will be required at ingress to assign the traffic to certain LSP 

3: Do I use RSVP Loose for the "other traffic" or LDP? you can configure a separate LSP with certain resrouces and path for the other traffic and assign that traffic to this best-effort LSP

If this solves your problem, please mark this post as "Accepted Solution."

• 3.  RE: MPLS - MP-BGP RSVP

Posted 06-11-2020 08:03

Thanks for the response AA.... Only just got around to being able to test this.

Quick question regarding the CoS configuration....

Is the cos configured within the vrf for the customer given that the vrf is where the e-bgp routing will take place?

If yes, is the config the same as CoS would be in the default?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: MPLS - MP-BGP RSVP

Posted 06-12-2020 22:51

You do not need to specify the CoS config within the vrf.

BR,

Vishal

PS: Please accept my response as solution if it answers you query, kudos are appreciated too!