Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-21-2020 01:32
      |   view attached

Hi

I have a case which I want to separate OSPF domains inside of a Juniper MX. I done this by using Routing-instance "No-forward". In this solution I also maintain the LDP information in both OSPF domain so MPLS LSP was not broken.

Now I want to apply a FBF on one interface inside of master Routing-Instance so the traffic will be sent to a interface inside of  No-Forward Routing-instance

I applied a configuration but this does not work and FBF does not send the traffic to desired interface.

I attached the configuration, I done the test on JunOS 18.4

What is this solution?

Thank you for your help and support,

Alireza

Attachment(s)

txt
    VMX_Config.txt   12 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward
    Best Answer

Posted 08-21-2020 02:00

Hello,

"instance-type no-forwarding" is pure control plane instance, it does not have corresponding forwarding table in the PFE, hence FBF into that instance does not work by design.

If You want both OSPF domain separation AND FBF, use "instance-type virtual-router" or "instance-type vrf".

HTHY

Thx

Alex

• 3.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-21-2020 05:28

Hi

The case is with those instance-types I cannot propagate LDP info between two instances. I tested this several times on several platforms(M10,M320,vMX) and several JunOS version from 12.1 to 19.1 

Thank you

• 4.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-21-2020 06:32

Hello,

In case You want to send FBF-ed traffic along LDP LSP (not sure why do You want to do that, LDP always follows IGP so FBF-ing along IGP shortest path is a NOOP basically), You need to take hybrid approach:

1/ "instance-type no-forwarding" for control plane separation

AND

2/ "instance-type vrf" for FBF. This VRF will be able to follow LDP path.

Is that what You are asking? In case not, please provide Your requirements and topology.

HTHY

Thx

Alex

• 5.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-21-2020 07:54

Hi

My Case is input interface which I want to apply FBF has both MPLS L3VPN traffic  as inbound traffic  and normal Internet traffic. With FBF I want to simulate WCCP operation and send to Internet HTTP traffic to Cache server while I have separation between OSPF domain and MPLS L3VPN working. MPLS L3VPN traffic will be sent to Cache.

This is my scenario

Thank you

• 6.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-21-2020 07:57

Hi

I should add with FBF in Addition of Sending to Cache I want to Mirror the ingress port to some Packet Analyzer as well So I need to have two ingress FBF

Thank you

• 7.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-21-2020 08:16

Hi 

Inside OSPF1 I have Public IP addresses of Internet users and I have Loopback addresses of L3VPN PE routers.

Also I want to do this with IPv6 traffic. IPv6 is only used for Internet traffic

• 8.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-22-2020 01:00

Hi

I tried the basic configuration you mentioned but there was no luck. Would you please guide me in this regard?

• 9.  RE: FBF and routing-insance no-forward

Posted 08-22-2020 20:15

Hi

My problem was resolved, Since Internet traffic is not MPLS encapsulated, there is no problem with FBF. So Instance No-forwarding works fine.

Thank you for your help and support