Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Juniper MX960 as BRAS

Posted 08-27-2020 11:33

Hi

I am searching about Juniper MX960 as BRAS. Some questions about it:

1- How many PPPoE sessions can this device handle?

2- Is this number related to installed MPC/RE/SCB?? if yes, consider I want  to use MPC7E-10G as PPPoE Subscriber-Faced card and MPC10C-MRATE as Uplink card. How many subscriber on MPC7E-10GE do we have?

3- I want to implement service accounting based on access-list per subscriber(For this traffic this price, for that traffic that price). Question is how many Service can be assigned to PPPoE session and do we we have any decrement in number of supported PPPoE sessions by increasing number of Services?

4- I want to have 5 services per session, one of the services will be defined by specifying traffic to/from about 10K destination to/from Subscribers. I this applicable? 

5- Can we use aggregate Ethernet interface combining the above configuration?

6- For rate limiting, each subscriber will have two policy for rate limiting(one for upload and one for download) In addition of this, each service may have rate limiting.

7- Based on my search we need License for BNG feature. What Licenses are needed for this setup?

8- What is the effect of Dual stack on with the mentioned setup on number of PPPoE session per chassis?

I will be honored if you give some answer to these question.

Thank you

Alireza

• 2.  RE: Juniper MX960 as BRAS

Posted 08-30-2020 07:27

Hi

Is there any friend who can help me in this regard?

Thank you

• 3.  RE: Juniper MX960 as BRAS
    Best Answer

Posted 08-30-2020 07:40

Hello,

Please contact Your Juniper account team/Your Juniper Systems Engineer (SE) to have these questions answered.

Thanks

Alex

• 4.  RE: Juniper MX960 as BRAS

Posted 08-30-2020 08:15

Hi 

Thank you for the answer

Alireza