Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Detailed Procedure to upgrade QFX5100 chassis (ISSU or NSSU)

Posted 06-27-2018 23:42

Hi All,

I have virtual chassis of 2xQFX5100  running 13.2X51-D35.3 and want to upgrade to JTAC recommended version 14.1X53-D46.7. 

Do i have to use ISSU or NSSU. can someone provide some detailed procedure or KB. 

No-split-detection configured.

nonstop-routing, NSB and graceful restart need to be configured also system commit synchronize command. then show task replication. 

do i need to use this command

request system software nonstop-upgrade force-host /var/tmp/package-name.tgz

once the upgrade done then i will issue folowing command

user@switch> request system snapshot slice alternate all-members

I will really appreciate if someone please share the detailed steps for VC upgrade keeping in view the above mentioned Junos 

Regards

• 2.  RE: Detailed Procedure to upgrade QFX5100 chassis (ISSU or NSSU)

Posted 06-28-2018 01:00

Hi,

Please refer to below document for upgrade procedure:

Understanding Software Upgrades in a Virtual Chassis

Upgrading Software on a Virtual Chassis Fabric Using Nonstop Software Upgrade

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!

If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]

• 3.  RE: Detailed Procedure to upgrade QFX5100 chassis (ISSU or NSSU)

Posted 06-28-2018 19:02

HI adwivedi 

Thanks for the update. one question, that document you shared for NSSU, it is related to VCF while i do have VC for 2xQFX5100. all the proceudre will remain the same ?

I am in Juniper Elite partner, can i download the EOL software 13.2X51-D35.3 for QFX5100 because right now it is the current version on the VC,  i will take system snapshot but if it is possible then please share the link so that i have the current version wiht me before the activity. Thanks

Regards

• 4.  RE: Detailed Procedure to upgrade QFX5100 chassis (ISSU or NSSU)

Posted 06-29-2018 08:13

Hi,

As per my understanding, you have a VC setup of 2xQFX5100 so the procedure should be the same.

Coming to the EOL 13.2X51-D35.3 , this release is not available to download the Juniper Support website.

[KUDOS PLEASE! If you think I earned it!

If this solution worked for you please flag my post as an "Accepted Solution" so others can benefit..]