Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP

Posted 06-13-2018 05:44

Hi,

I have configured CoS for Ethernet subscribers and for all the required interfaces and tested working, however, I am having a problem getting the configuration correct on the LNS. I believe we may need heirarchical CoS here due to the tunnel and subscribers per tunnel.

Is there any document anywhere that will explain how to configure this, or someone who has already completed this?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP

Posted 06-14-2018 01:46

Hi Amit,

Thanks. I will work through this document and test.

With regards to the testing, is there a Juniper equivalent of "Cisco extended ping" where I can mark the traffic as DSCP 101110 (SIP VOIP) or 46 please.... this way I can test the queues and configuration (also, on Cisco, using 46 does not work due to their strange way of using extended ping, you have to use 184 as Cisco interpret all 8 bits instead of DSCP 6 bits, to equal the 46 - 101110 marking of SIP VOIP)?

I'll test the following and see if it works:

ping tos 46 <ip address> ....

Thanks

• 4.  RE: QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP

Posted 06-14-2018 19:40
    Hi adgwytc

Yes, you have option for tos with junos ping... Please see this below also, just for information..

tos type-of-service—(Optional) Set the type-of-service (ToS) field in the IP header of the ping packets. The range of values is 0 through 255.

If the device configuration includes the dscp-code-point<> value statement at the [edit class-of-service host-outbound-traffic<>] hierarchy level, the configured DSCP value overrides the value specified in this command option. In this case, the ToS field of ICMP echo request packets sent on behalf of this command carries the DSCP value specified in the dscp-code-point configuration statement instead of the value you specify in this command option.

Regards,
    Amit

• 5.  RE: QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP

Posted 06-14-2018 02:21

Hi Amit,

When I try to apply the class-of-service to the si interface I receive the following error:

error: Different interface name in interface ($junos-interface-ifd-name) and class-of-service (si-1/0/0) stanza in profile dyn-lns-profile
    error: foreign file propagation (ffp) failed

What interface in the dynamic-profile to I need to apply this to please?

set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service interfaces si-1/0/0 unit 0 classifiers dscp SIP-VOIP-CLASS

Thanks

• 6.  RE: QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP

Posted 06-14-2018 02:58

Okay, got it, I think, with the following command:

set dynamic-profiles dyn-lns-profile class-of-service interfaces $junos-interface-ifd-name unit $junos-interface-unit classifiers dscp SIP-VOIP-CLASS

I will see when testing.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: QoS (CoS) for LNS PPP

Posted 06-14-2018 04:26
    Spot on... ☺️

Sent from my iPhone