Hi every body.
I have some questions:
Below we have two CE, we want to provide PTP ( E0MPLS) CKTS for these CE.
I understand the other configuration that are needed such as LDP, protool l2 circuit neighbor etc. I just need to know the following:
CE1 ---g0/0/0.0 PE1 f0/0/0.0------------f0/0/0.0 P f0/0/1.0-----------f0/0/1.0 PE2 g0/0/0.0-----CE2
PE1 and PE2 must acept all ethernet traffic tagged or untagged from CE.
1) Will the ommand " set interface g0/0/0.0 encapsulation ethernet-cccc " cause PE to accept all untagged/tagged ethernet frame from CE?
2) On PE, Do I have to enable " Set protcol mpls interfce f0/0/0.0" only i.e on Core facing intreface or do I have to enable it on CE facing interface too?
Thanks and have a nice weekend!!
Aggregated Ethernet interfaces configured without VLAN tagging can be configured only with the ethernet-ccc encapsulation. All untagged Ethernet packets received are forwarded based on the CCC parameters.
2. enable " Set protcol mpls interfce f0/0/0.0" only on Core facing intrefaces. MPLS forwarding is not needed for CE facing IFLs.
Mark this as acceped solution if this clarified your query.
Thanks for your response Smartm.
One still not cleared about the CCC:
In Cisco , EoMPLS, (PTP) we can have PE to accept:
1) To accept all frames, untagged/tagged, (aka port based )
2) To accept frames with particular tag/tags ( aka vlan based)
What are juniper equivalents for above cases?
I believe for 2nd case, we can use:
Not sure about the first case if we can not use encapsulation-ccc under the physical interface to do that i.e