Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Virtual Chassis in ex

Posted 06-05-2017 22:10

Hi,

i am from cisco world and now started exploring the juniper with a new project. I am attaching the topology below.Please check my implementation plan and give me suggestions. i highly value it.

Floor 1 Execution plan:

1) i will create portchannel between ex series(access) and mx series(distribution) . Both MX and EX series are on virtual chassis except the EX in floor 2 of building.

2) Then i will make uplink ports(which are port channeled in previous step) of the chassied EX switches as trunk  to allow all the vlan to pass through.

3) i will subinterface the portchannel in MX series to allow intervlan routing.

Floor 2 Execution plan:

1) Here the EX series access switch is not chassied. i will create a portchannel.

2)Then i will make uplink ports(which are port channeled in previous step) of the chassied EX switche as trunk  to allow all the vlan to pass through

3) i will subinterface the portchannel in MX series to allow intervlan routing.Capture.PNG

• 2.  RE: Virtual Chassis in ex

Posted 06-06-2017 03:18

I assume since you an AE interfaces from the EX going to two MX you will setup MC-LAG on the MX and have a connection directly between them for ICCP traffic.

• 3.  RE: Virtual Chassis in ex

Posted 06-06-2017 12:36

yea. the MX series is also virtual chassied. So sorry for not showing  VCP link between the MX series using DAC.Since the two MX routers act as single logical device, do we really need to do MC-lag ?? i am sorry i am a bit confused because the EX series(especially in floor 2 ) see the MX as a single device, normal AE is only needed?

• 4.  RE: Virtual Chassis in ex
    Best Answer

Posted 06-06-2017 15:44

You are correct if you run virtual chassis on the MX then a normal ae will be configured with the ports on each chassis.

I'm just used to using independent chassis with MC LAG which is the alternative.

Either is valid.

• 5.  RE: Virtual Chassis in ex

Posted 06-06-2017 22:03

Thank you so much sir for helping me.