Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  MX5T and restricted ports

Posted 07-07-2017 19:40

Hi everybody

This is what I understands when looking at MX5,8,10,80

1) Supports the same built-in RE : RE-MX80

2) Recommended JUNOS: 15.1R6

But they differ in Thoughtput and restricted ports.

1)If we just order MX5 with base license ,  whats ports on MX5 come as  restricted ? I believe they are 10 G ports which are located on build MIC 0 on slot 0 but I am not sure.

2) I am not able to find Juniper docs that can expain number of  hardware queues available  for COS on MX5T.

Much appreciated!!

• 2.  RE: MX5T and restricted ports
    Best Answer

Posted 07-08-2017 07:01

Hi,

1)If we just order MX5 with base license , whats ports on MX5 come as  restricted ?
    I believe they are 10 G ports which are located on build MIC 0 on slot 0 but I am not sure.

Yes, the 10 gig on MIC 0 slot 0 are not aviaible on MX5. You can upgrade MX5 to MX10, MX40 and MX80 using licence feature F1, F2 and F3.
    Installing all F1 F2 and F3 licences will allow to use 4X10G fixed ports. If you want to use 2X10GE fixed ports, install F1 and F2. If you only use F1, none of the 10GE fixed port can be used.

Refer Table 1 for these F1, F2 and F3 licence details:
    https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/junos-license-key-components.html

2) I am not able to find Juniper docs that can expain number of  hardware queues available  for COS on MX5T.

show interfaces queue ge-0/0/0

Regards,

Rahul

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped.