Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Configuring authentication methods

Posted 07-04-2017 10:31

Hi everybody.

In Cisco/Brocade, we can specify how a router should use  supplied credentials against local database, or radius. We can also specify the order i.e check local database first, if it fails, try radius.

Let say I want  Juniper router to check local data base first then radius server to verify suppplied credentials, how can we do that on Juniper?

Thanks and have a nice day!!

• 2.  RE: Configuring authentication methods
    Best Answer

Posted 07-04-2017 12:45

Hi,

On a Juniper router, you can configure authentication-order under [edit systems]  like below to specify the order. Password means local password. The order of authentication is from left to right so first local login then radius.

lab# run show configuration system

authentication-order [  password radius ];  

Specify one or more of the following authentication methods in the preferred order, from first tried to last tried:

• radius—Verify the user using RADIUS authentication services
    • tacplus—Verify the user using TACACS+ authentication services.
    • password—Verify the user using the username and password configured locally by including the authentication statement at the [edit system login user] hierarchy level.

Please find the link below for more details:

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/task/configuration/authentication-order-authentication-methods-configuring.html

Regards,

Rahul

Please mark my solution as accepted if it helped.