Junos OS

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Junos OS.
  • 1.  Question about MX-SPC3

Posted 10-17-2020 23:20

Hi

For L4 Redirection service we need to use MX-SPC3. During my tests on this Feature I found out we have to define a Service interface(Si-x/x/x) for doing the Redirection.

If we want to Have different Severs for Page Redirection then we have two define two Si interface. I wonder how many Si interfaces is supported on MX-SPC3? 

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Question about MX-SPC3

Posted 10-18-2020 08:30

Hi, si- interface is used for RE-based redirect. For MS-mpc or spc3 based redirect ms- interfaces is used

You can see sample configuration on this page.

• 3.  Re: Question about MX-SPC3

Posted 10-18-2020 21:24

Hi

Thank you for the update. This card and L4 Redirection case is really confusing. Consider I want to have Redirection on 200 to 300 Subscribers on IPv4 and IPv6, And I don't want to have next-generation Services. I want to use Dynamic Profile approach

Do I really need this card or Using Routing engine is enough? Suppose I want to use RE-S-X6-128G.

Since as far as I see, with Service Card I can have features like CGNAT which I don't want to Do it on BNG.

Anyway If I use the mentioned RE and I want to have Local Redirection for IPv6 and IPv4 Can I use two Service Interface?

Another thing is I want to use SCBE3 but Service card is not supported on this model so I am forced to use SCBE2 which causes using another set of MPCs...

Thank you for your help and Support

Alireza

• 4.  Re: Question about MX-SPC3

Posted 10-18-2020 22:20

Hi, you can use RE based redirect even for thousands subscribers.

• 5.  Re: Question about MX-SPC3

Posted 10-19-2020 00:07

Hi

Very thanks for the clarification. I have one last question here?

Do I Need MS-MPC Card for RE-Based Redirection?

I assume, same rule is applicable for this card as well since MX-SPC3 seems an upgrade to MS-MPC

Thank you

• 6.  Re: Question about MX-SPC3
    Best Answer

Posted 10-19-2020 07:41

Hi, you do not need any service card for RE based redirect. 

• 7.  Re: Question about MX-SPC3

Posted 10-19-2020 23:24

Hi

Thank you for the Answer

Cheers