Cloud

View Only
last person joined: 5 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Contrail Networking, Junos Space, Contrail Service Orchestration, NFX Series, Network Automation, Network Management, and all things related to cloud operations.

Juniper Northstar not replying for a PCRequest message from PCC

• 1.  Juniper Northstar not replying for a PCRequest message from PCC

Posted 05-01-2021 16:36
      |   view attached
    hi All, 
    I have been studying the Juniper documentation for Northstar features and understand that it supports RFC8231 ( Stateful PCE and LSP delegation ) and RFC8281( LSP initiation) and is built on RFC8664 and RFC5440 (i.e. it supports all mechanisms mentioned in the two RFCs) . But I have a question on the basic PCReq/PCReply mechanism . 
    My scenario is below 
    I have a non Juniper device working as a PCC and I am setting up a PCC controlled RSVP LSP whose ERO ( computed path ) needs to be provided by the PCE . I can have the PCE setup as a passive stateful i.e. let the PCE know about the LSP but want PCC only to control it with CSPF done by the PCE. This is required in a multi-area/multi-domain scenario. 
    However, when I configure the RSVP tunnel on the PCC ( non juniper device ) , I see that the PCRequest is sent from the PCC but I dont see any PCReply coming from the Northstar . .
    My topology is correctly discovered by the PCE and it knows all the links and nodes ( network is running ospf ) via BGP-LS .  PCEP session is up with RSVP and SR capabilities exchanged successfully between the PCC and Northstar. 

Can someone please guide me if there is a way to achieve this or if I am missing something in the setting up the Northstar . 
    I have also attached a capture file for PCEP messages between PCC( 2.2.2.2 in the capture) and Northstar ( 201.1.1.254 in the capture). 

Thanks
    Aseem.

------------------------------
    ASEEM RAI
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)