Automation

View Only
last person joined: 6 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about Apstra, Paragon, and all things network automation.
  • 1.  Anyone know a good way to automate the extraction of license expiration dates on SRX?

Posted 08-17-2018 12:42

We have several SRX devices and I'm looking for a good way to pull license expiration dates from the devices so we can keep track of them. I looked at PyEz and i didn't seen anything to pull license information but I may have overlooked it. We are using Juniper Space and Security director so Im not sure if a Slax script is the way to go here. I would like to pull this information directly from the Juniper agile licensing site but I can't seem to figure out how to authenticate properly via python script.

Anyone have a good way to pull this information? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Anyone know a good way to automate the extraction of license expiration dates on SRX?

Posted 08-17-2018 22:08

Hello,

I think following link would help you that provides information about 'Using Ansible with Junos PyEZ Tables to Retrieve Operational Information from Devices Running Junos OS'

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos-ansible/topics/topic-map/junos-ansible-data-retrieving-using-junos-pyez-tables.html

Regards,

Rushi

• 3.  RE: Anyone know a good way to automate the extraction of license expiration dates on SRX?
    Best Answer

Posted 09-13-2018 06:06

Thanks for the response rtilak. I was able to create a pyez script  pulled the licensing information that would run periodically and then pipe the response out. However we ended up just pulling all of the licensing data directly out of the Space Management database. Was easier to do it that way.