Wireless

View Only
last person joined: 15 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences with Mist APs, Marvis, and all things wireless and Wi-Fi.
  • 1.  RingMaster 9.1 WLC - unmanaged status

Posted 02-09-2021 02:28
    Hi all,

I am wondering if someone could advice me with the problem. We still use the old wifi solution RingMaster 9.1 and after this notification the WLC has status Unmanaged, so I am not able to deploy the changes. Would be happy for some help, as the I am not familiar with the Juniper :/ 

• 2.  RE: RingMaster 9.1 WLC - unmanaged status

Posted 02-09-2021 06:58
    Your Ringmaster has been exceeding it's number of allowed APs for more than 60 days (and has been doing so for more than 1,5 years). When this happens you cannot do changes after the 60 days grace period.

as the entire WLC product line is end of sale, no extra licenses can be purchased.... and secondly: The APs are starting to be so old in regards to support of wifi features, that a new solution should be planned instead of trying to fix the old one :-)

------------------------------
    --
    Jonas Hauge Klingenberg - Juniper Ambassador
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: RingMaster 9.1 WLC - unmanaged status

Posted 02-16-2021 07:41
      |   view attached

Hi,

Yes I know this is an a really old system now and the new network implementation is in progress. So far I need to solve the current case and get the RingMaster work with the WLC :D

I got the instructions to upload the WLC again but as I am not familiar with the the Juniper devices at all, so at this point I am alone with the problem :D

If the WLC is in an unmanged state you will have to import it into RingMaster. Please see page 36 in the RM config guide I sent:

Uploading a WLC into a Network Plan
    The following steps can be used to upload a WLC into an existing network plan:
    1. Select the Configuration Navigation bar button.
    2. In the Tasks panel, select Upload WLC.
    3. In the IP Address field, enter the IP address of the WLC.
    4. In the Enable Password field, type the enable password for the WLC. This password must
    match the enable password creating using the set enablepass command in the CLI.
    5. Click Next.
    6. A dialogue box displays the upload progress.
    7. After the Successfully uploaded device message is displayed, click Finish.
    8. If error or warning messages are displayed, navigate to the Verification panel by clicking the
    button on the Navigation bar

I haven't tried the solution yet but also I can't find the more details about the Manage device option. So I am confused...which option should I use? Upload WLC or choose manage? 

Will the internet go break? :)