vMX

IMPORTANT MODERATION NOTICE

This community is currently under full moderation, meaning  all posts will be reviewed before appearing in the community. Please expect a brief delay—there is no need to post multiple times. If your post is rejected, you'll receive an email outlining the reason(s). We've implemented full moderation to control spam. Thank you for your patience and participation.

Really struggling with day one setup in ESXi 6.7 with 18.2R1.9

• 1.  Really struggling with day one setup in ESXi 6.7 with 18.2R1.9

Posted 23 days ago
    I have followed Chapter 6 of v2 Day One Guide Getting Started with vMX on VMware, while referencing the online <juniper website>/documentation/us/en/software/vmx/vmx-vmware/topics/topic-map/vmx-installing-on-vmware.html

I've tried to use the other chapters in the Day One Guide to troubleshoot but hitting major blockers

It seems the Internal Connection to VFP is not working? (FPC 0 empty)

I also still cannot SSH to VCP. I had to delete fxp0 on the VCP due to a dhcp error on edit when I was trying to set an IP address. I then have set a newly added static IP on a re-created fxp0 (and then also disabled dhcp-service) but still cannot ssh from externally. My assigned IP is in same subnet
    I see no way to confirm the virtual management interface on the VCP (interface fxp0) is bridged to the physical host management interface.

------------------------------
    David Glynn
    ------------------------------