vMX

View Only
last person joined: 10 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about vMX.
  • 1.  vMX installation on vmware

Posted 03-31-2021 07:48
    I'm trying to install vMX on the lab. While deploying OVF file, wizard asked me to choose 2 interfaces on Network Mapping page. I  read the installation guide but didn't grasp the following paragraph meaning:

In the Network Mapping pane, map the destination network on the host to the source network. For VCP, you must map the source networks for the external management network for connecting to management interfaces (br-ext) and the internal connection between VCP and VFP (br-int).

Select the destination network (for example, br-ext) for the br-ext source network, select the destination network (for example, br-int) for the br-int source network, and click Next.

on both of VFP and VCP, I selected my management vlan 310 for the first interface and vlan 10 for the second one.

I'm not sure if I did the right thing, but after finishing the initial config on the vMX, I entered "show chassis fpc" command but none of the links was in up and present mode. 

And finally is it necessary to use only fxp0.0 interface for management purpose (like ssh to the vMX) or any interface would do the job? Thanks.

------------------------------
    TAYMAZ MOHSENZADEH

• 2.  RE: vMX installation on vmware

Posted 04-02-2021 17:50
    vCP has 2 interfaces just like the screenshot I've posted above. on vFP VM, I added 6 vNICs. First, I tried to find which interface is the one connected to the vCP but even I tried to put one interface on the vlan10 each time, but the internal link between  vCP and vFP. Then to test, I put all of the interfaces on the vlan 10 to see if the link  is come up, but after waiting one hour, the output was the same:
    root> show chassis fpc
                         Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   CPU Utilization (%)  Memory    Utilization (%)
    Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      1min   5min   15min  DRAM (MB) Heap     Buffer
      0  Present          Testing
      1  Empty
      2  Empty
    ​

my vCP has 1 vCPU and 1.5G of RAM and vFP has  3 vCPUs plus 4G of RAM (at first I set the 2G of RAM, but then I increased it to 4G) but the status was "Testing"  in half an hour then it changed to "---Unresponsive---".
    root> show chassis fpc
                         Temp  CPU Utilization (%)   CPU Utilization (%)  Memory    Utilization (%)
    Slot State            (C)  Total  Interrupt      1min   5min   15min  DRAM (MB) Heap     Buffer
      0  Offline         ---Unresponsive---
      1  Empty
      2  Empty
    ​

Due to this issue there is no any "GE" interfaces on the vMX router. I don't know what the cause of the issue is. I appreciate any help.

TAYMAZ MOHSENZADEH