Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  ospf route advertisement filtering

Posted 09-12-2021 15:26
    hi all

I want to prevent certain directly connected routes from being advertise into OSPF

How do i do that ?

set policy-options policy-statement static_to_ospf term 2 from protocol direct
    set policy-options policy-statement static_to_ospf term 2 from route-filter 192.168.1.0/24 exact
    set policy-options policy-statement static_to_ospf term 2 then reject
    set protocols ospf area 0.0.0.0 interface irb.2
    set protocols ospf area 0.0.0.0 interface irb.97
    set protocols ospf export static_to_ospf

irb.2 is directly connected to 192.168.1.0/24
    i want to prevent 192.168.1.0/24 from being advertised though irb.97 but still able to receive routing updates

Thank you

• 2.  RE: ospf route advertisement filtering

Posted 09-13-2021 13:43
    under the interface irb.2 try to turn on the "no-advertise-adjacency-segment" knob and commit it. See if that will take it out of LSDB on the remote end. 

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/ospf/topics/ref/statement/no-advertise-adjacency-segment-edit-protocols-ospf-interface-level.html

------------------------------
    Derek Summitt

• 3.  RE: ospf route advertisement filtering

Posted 09-13-2021 14:57
    Doing it by policy is certainly the way to go, below is the policy to advertise lo0.0 only:
    # Policy for advertising lo0.0 only:
    set policy-options policy-statement OSPF-EXPORT term LO0 from interface lo0.0
    set policy-options policy-statement OSPF-EXPORT term LO0 then accept
    set policy-options policy-statement OSPF-EXPORT term ELSE-REJECT then reject

# Set the policy in OSPF:
    set protocols ospf export OSPF-EXPORT​

Regards,

Elvin

• 4.  RE: ospf route advertisement filtering

Posted 09-13-2021 15:58
    What is your experience with this policy that you have applied now? What is actually occurring and showing up in your LSDB?

Do you have a term 1 before this term 2? Also you might need an accept-all term after that term 2 if the only terms in this policy is a reject statement.

Elvin has a nice example too where it'll reject everything and you have to add in everything you want, but if you do a "set policy-options policy-statement static_to_ospf term accept-all then accept" after your term 2 I think it'll put everything in except what you are wanting to drop. 

Derek Summitt