Routing

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.
  • 1.  question about gre tunnel interface with routing-instance destination

Posted 05-16-2021 23:21
    I came across with a couple of gre tunnel interface configuration sample with routing-instance destination option.
    I do not quite sure when I need to add this.
    Here is a post which is a little different from what I saw too.

https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB32683&actp=METADATA

set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 tunnel source 192.168.100.1
    set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 tunnel destination 192.168.200.1/32
    set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 tunnel routing-instance destination INST2
    set interfaces gr-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet address 10.10.10.1/30

Here the INST2 refers to the remote instance. When I tried this,  I got  "destination routing instance (INST2) no defined.

Anyone can coach me the instance name should be local instance or remote instance ?
    Also I added the local instance, it does not work either. I do not know what I have missed here.

Also does this work for vrf instance ?

thanks in advance !!

• 2.  RE: question about gre tunnel interface with routing-instance destination

Posted 08-02-2021 07:00
    The routing-instance has to exist locally on your device in order for the destination routing lookup made in the routing instance you are pointing to is successful. This will simply use the routing table in the routing instance in order to solve recursion for the tunnel destination.

Elvin