Routing

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Ask questions and share experiences about ACX Series, CTP Series, MX Series, PTX Series, SSR Series, JRR Series, and all things routing, including portfolios and protocols.

MX LNS/BNG - Dual Stack Policer

• 1.  MX LNS/BNG - Dual Stack Policer

Posted 04-25-2021 01:19
    Hello
    I would like to limit subscribers' UP/DOWN v4+v6 traffic, so if a subscribers has a 50Mb package, both ipv4 and ipv6 traffic will be capped at 50mb.
    I thought of sending from radius separated attributes for v4 and v6 firewall filter, and tie them to the same policer (logical-interface-policer as mentioned here logical-interface-policer

is this the best practice of doing it?
    I also thought of using firewall filter with family 'ANY', however not sure if it will police also PPP/L2TP and cause timeouts when the subscriber is congesting the link.
    Thanks,
    Shay.

Juniper remove preview
    logical-interface-policer
    Configure a logical interface policer. For PTX series routers running Junos OS Release 18.3R1 or later, you can use this command to configure separate firewall filters for different family address types (IPv4 and IPv6) that share the same interface, and configure the same policer as an action for the filter.
    View this on Juniper >
    )